Major challenges and key technologies under study will be:
- embedded HEVC ultra low delay encoding at 4K UHD TV resolution
- ultra low delay wired and wireless large bandwidth IP streaming of high quality 4K video content
- ultra low delay synchronization and seamless switching of IP large bandwidth video audio streaming
- transcoding and content protection of HEVC 4K video streams at production side
Two major milestones of the project are:
- to demonstrate the functionality and quality of the new approach by deploying an experimental set-up that will be able to provide the full production capabilities for all mobile sports at 4K resolution for the next Olympic games of Rio de Janeiro in 2016
- an experimental infrastructure providing all functionality enabling “high quality” and “low bandwidth” remote studio production capabilities for both indoor and outdoor settings.